Saturday, June 21, 2008

And today, I realized I get frustrated when I cannot get things done quick and good. I'll start throwing temper. To say, I belong to the modern society's obsession with doing things faster and better, and how things would take a toll on us. I guess, movement is challenging the cult of speed. The addiction to speed starts from the moment we wake up, and it starts from checking the time when we're awake. From that moment onwards, the clock calls the shot.
For example, when we fall behind work, we get a quicker internet connection. When the webpage we want to enter takes forever to appear, we start blaming the computer/the connection. If we have no time to read the novel we like, we do speed reading by reading the gist of the story. Too busy to cook, we'll just eat instant noodles or buy a microwave oven. Things should not and cannot be slowed down, but only sped up. But don't we all realize, everything takes time and they need slowness. Like how you can't expect a seed to blossom into a beautiful flower overnight.


My mind is always playing out why something went wrong yesterday and what could go wrong today and tomorrow. Right now, right now, right now. My mind would keep playing in a tape motion. But you know, we all shouldn't fret and get our brains fried. We should all be gentle on ourselves.
Yeah and my mind told me my laptop is dieing on me today. & it did.

i played on the curlers today.
& is that any ways for the hair to grow faster and thicker?!?!
*insert sheepish smile* some of your will know what i want to do right? :)



okay how does this feels?

I'm going off to feed my Larry&Harry, and then maybe pour some food for Merci.

I've got loads of rantings inside me. Wanna hear me rant like a bitch?
but then again...
Let's morph into gentler souls and not be so hard on, on ourselves, and on others.

goodnight!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home